To keep the narrative flowing
smoothly, I have taken the liberty of moving explanations
of technical jargon to the Glossary. Words that are defined
in the Glossary are shown in bold font the first time
they appear in the text. Abbreviated versions of these definitions
are provided in the page margins of the paperback edition
and the PDF version. A list of commonly used acronyms may
also be found in the Glossary.
site addresses can change or be abandoned, I have
included very few specific Web addressess (URLs)
in this book. Should you find that one of these referenced
links is no longer active, you will find the new address available
on the Matrix Masters, Inc. web site. At www.matrixmasters.com,
you will also find, among other things:
- Links to other web sites that illustrate points made in
- An electronic copy of this book that may be downloaded
- An electronic copy of this book that may be read online.
- A free community bulletin board dedicated to a continuing
discussion of many of the issues raised in this book, such
as privacy and freedom of speech.
- More information about, and examples of, the art of Steven
Rooke, as seen on the cover of the paperback edition.
- Other works by the author and a listing of his future
speaking engagements and workshops.
- An interactive edition of this book, which permits readers
to post their own speculations about related issues, will
also be available on the Matrix Masters web site to persons
who purchase a copy of the book. The author intends to draw
upon, and possibly use, these reader comments for future
volumes of The Spirit of the Internet.